I know that a lot of you are wondering how things are going so far in New Brunswick and I apologize for not updating the blog sooner, however, we are staying at Mark’s parents place and they do not have internet and the only internet I could have access to daily is across the highway here at his oldest brothers place and well it’s dail-up internet which is very very very very slow so I only check my e-mail over there. I never respond to emails from there because it’s just too slow. The other night we went over to his brother Jerry’s place which is approx. 15 minutes closer to town from here and they have proper internet there so I uploaded some pictures to facebook…did you see them?
Anyway, so we arrived here one week ago today. We flew into Moncton and had Cliff n’ Lori pick us up and we came back here and had fun for the next few days surprising everyone with our early arrival. Who knew they could all keep a secret so well….everyone was genuinly shocked when they saw us!
Of course everyone is over the moon in love with our son and he is never lacking for attention now which is nice. His Grampy loves to sit and watch him and play with him a bit and giggle a lot…haha. His Grammy can just sit him down on her lap and he will stay there for hours if you let him.
We had a party for our niece Larissa who graduated highschool this year and it was pretty fun. There were approx 60 people at the hall. Larrissa looked gorgeous as usual. We are all so proud of her!
Yesterday everyone came down here to Mom and Dad’s place (around 20ppl) and made pizza and visited until late at night. It was nice.
The weather has not been very nice since we arrived. Not very warm and the last few days it’s been raining and it looks like today is another rainy day and I heard that it will be nicer the rest of the week. We shall see!
I looked around and tried out many cameras last week and settled on an updated version of the camera I already owned. It’s a Powershot S5 IS. This camera is quite good and so far I am mostly happy with it. It’s hard to figure out the proper lighting etc. and sometimes it doesn’t focus as I’d like it to but I do believe (and I’ve been told) that I expect too much out a camera! LOL. I am really enjoying taking pictures of everyone and really like the black and white option. I never liked that before but for some reason now I am loving it!
This week we will be trying to find a place to live. We have basically been living out of a suitcase for over a month now and we are in desperate need of quiet time and a proper routine so we hope to be able to settle down into our own rental place soon!
Oh yes and Braeden is doing very well and enjoying all of the attention he has received since we got here. He is handed off to different people all the time and never gets upset or distressed about it. He is such a good little man!
It is now 7am and I am going to save this to my laptop and go over to Jerry & Pierrette’s place later this morning and add it to my blog site for you. *Sigh* it’ll be nice to have have our own place and have internet again!
Hope all are well - let me know when you can! And check out the pics on facebook!!
xoxo
Fletcher’s Birth Story
12 years ago

2 comments:
Glad to hear that you guys are so happy and are finding lots of fun, there. Good luck in the house hunt!
Nice to hear from you, and to know that all is well.
You'll find a good place soon enough, and then Braedon will have a "home" of his own.
All the best
Peter
Post a Comment