Saturday, December 13, 2008

**UPDATED WITH A WRITEUP**Our Trip Mostly In Pictures (ya i know...LAZY)

Our trip to Calgary lasted two weeks. During the first week we spent it being sick. Eddie was sick first, then Braeden got sick and then I got sick. Braeden was getting dehydrated so after a call to the health link and following their instructions for four hours to pump him full of pedialyte and thus prevent a hospital visit, we ended up there anyway because Braeden refused to drink ANYTHING.

The hospital was incredibly crowded and full of icky pucky adults and other various forms of illness. Braeden wasn't even placed on a list of priority! After 20 minutes of sitting there and Braeden beginning to become so tired and looking yucky we talked to the ladies at the front desk again and he was brought in about 10 minutes later. Thankfully. Sheesh, he's a baby for heaven's sake!

Anyway, so they assessed him and really didn't want to have an IV put in so they brought in a pedialyte freezie which he seemed only slightly interested, but that was more interest he'd showed in anything so they jumped on that.

We were there for HOURS feeding him pedialyte freezies. Half of every freezie didn't even end up in his mouth! But finally he seemed to perk up and even had enough urine collected in the baggie to make sure that nothing else was going on. Those tests were fine. He'd perked up enough, finally, so we could go home! They loaded us up with the freezies, a bottle of pedialyt, a teddy bear, and instructions on care for the next few days.

Once we arrived home I was feeling yucky and a few hours later it was my turn to be sick. It lasted 2 days. The boys (MARK & RON) took very good care of me. Ron had more time to focus on me so he was often the one bringing me drinks, gave me yummy homemade chicken soup he'd had in the freezer and kept me company (THANKS RONNIE).

Braeden got sick again so we were back to cleaning puke and and trying to feed him pedialyte.

Ron ended up sick 2 days later so I looked after him for the one day he was home. He didn't want to miss work and he wasn't puking anymore after the first day so he went. I went crazy in the house with lysol and cleaned everything that any of us touched. Upstairs, downstairs, doornobs, channel changers, taps, handles on cupboards, fridge etc etc. I washed the floor. The house reeked of lysol but it was clean. I did that every day for the next 5 days to make sure the illness was GONE for sure.

So this was our first week in Calgary. I had so many plans and so mny people to see in which I did not end up able to see. Our second week there was so incredibly busy. I crammed in as much visiting and as much mountain time was possible.

My sister was great and took Braeden as often as she could so that we could have a break and go see people and all that. She absolutely loves Braeden. I feel bad I moved him across the country from her because she loves babies and is such a good Auntie and Braeden obviously loves her too. I am sorry Kellie...move to Sussex...it's beautiful here, not like Bathurst at all! (Kellie lived in that area for a year and didn't like it, I don't mean Bathurst isn't nice..lol).

Anyway, so we saw my friend Kimmy and the doc I used to work with and we hung out and had BUTTER CHICKEN so so good! I also went out with Daryll another day and had butter chicken. Anyways, Mark and I took Braeden out to Bragg creek which as everyone knows we spent A LOT of time out there. We had a hot dog roast and enjoyed the beautiful day and explored some areas and took pics of course.

On Saturday we dropped Braeden off really early with Kellie and headed out to Kananaskis country with Ron for the day. We didn't get home until 10pm that night and we had the very best day ever. It was a beautiful day in the mountains and we found the perfect spot to have a fire etc. Right beside a little creek and it was well sheltered from the wind. We had such a relaxing day.

So during the next few days we visited as many people as possible. We had gone to the mall the first day there and bought stuff we'd needed for Braeden and a foamy for the bed and stuff so we had to return all that stuff on tuesday (oh my gosh..scammer we're so bad i know!) anyways, we took that back and kellie hung out with us that day. Braeden went to see SANTA. He was cool with it. No smile on his face, a very serious look. The same look that everyone has come to know and love :-) I have a pic but gotta get the printer/scanner working first.

So that's about it. You've already seen all these pics but look again now knowing the story behind them....heeehee. Sorry I took so long to write this part but seriously Brae has had a difficult time adjusting since we got back. It's time and energy consuming!












































































































































































0 comments: