Monday, February 9, 2009

Update




Braeden had his one year shots last Wednesday. He weighs 25.5 pounds. He did pretty good. Not too much crying considering he'd been poked in each and every limb...my poor lil babe!




He spend the next few days being unbelievably cranky except when we were with other people.




He's been acting up lately actually and has developed this high pitched squealing thing when he is mad which is ear piercing! He has also decided that he does NOT want to feed himself anymore! He was doing so well with finger foods and now just throws it all on the floor! So we're back to feeding everything for now until he decides he wants to try again. He is still taking the sippy cup though but likes to throw that on the floor too but then we just put him on the floor beside it..haha.




Because he was already super cranky we decided that it was time to get rid of the soother. He's gone two days without it now and seems to be o.k. with that...also the last two days we put him to bed for his two daytime naps before he is asleep in our arms...before he had to fall asleep in our arms with a soother because if you put him in his crib awake he would cry and not sleep at all! but now he has for the last 4 naps (2 days) cried for a few minutes but falls asleep...




The thing is this new baby is going to arrive within the next two months and he needs to become a little bit more independent...I kinda wish it didn't have to be like this...he's my baby but it has to be because I will have my hands full with the new one!




*******




On Friday evening Mom Coombs was brought over to our house for an overnight visit. We had fun! Well mostly her and Braeden had fun which was the whole point! It was soooooooo nice to have her here! She stayed only one night though so it seemed far too short!




*****




Had a doc's appt and it went okay other than I am measuring half a week behind schedule. I've only gained 15 pounds so far too. How much more different can this pregnancy be from the previous two!!!!




We head into Saint John tomorrow for a fetal assessment at the hospital which I guess I have to do every week until babe is born. We have an ultrasound in two weeks. I am anxiously awaiting that as I would like to know this babe is still growing at a normal rate (even if it is slow!) I have chosen to attempt a VBAC delivery. So far the docs say it should be safe but of course there is an increased risk of uterine rupture BUT I so don't want to have a c-section again!
*******
The bachelor is on tonight. Just a few more minutes! I best get my husband to bed as he's fallen asleep on the couch! and then get my yogurt and berries and settle down to watch my show.

2 comments:

katy said...

Holy cow, you're pregnant again! Man I'm behind. :) Braeden looks like he is doing well! I hope he starts sleeping better for you soon! crying it out worked for us, but it took a whole month. :(

Bloggy Mama said...

Good luck with everything, Care.