Monday, May 20, 2013

Kids made us dinner!

So, last night I came in the house to start dinner. The kids were with me and hungry and asked what I was going to make - I told them I would make a stir fry for dinner.

Both of them looked at me and said "EWWWW Mom I hate that meal".  Which, just so you know - they actually really like but their thing lately is to say eww to everything I make. 
a
SO I told them "fine, if you don't like what Mommy is going to make then you two can make dinner for us!" They looked at me and giggled and said 'for real, mommy"... I said "yep" and went outside to see how Mark was doing.

I told him and we had a little laugh about it and we waited a few minutes but the kids didn't come out so we figured we better go see what they were up to...

We came in and Braeden was sawing at a cucumber with a butter knife and Briella was using a fork and a butter knife to cut up a kiwi.  Oh what a beautiful sight. Briella had on her sunglasses and her hat and could hardly see over the counter top - it was hilarious.

Anyway, Mark and I went to sit down on the couch and wait for dinner (yes we did that rather than stop them from using the knives, I mean they were only butter knives...)

So the fruit and veggie was cut up and Braeden climbed up on the counter and got down the four plates and Briella got out four spoons and then they grabbed yogurts and put them on each plate and added the kiwi, apple and cucumber slices. Then they gave each plate a spoon and gave us our meal.

It was so sweet and so precious and adorable and special. We love these kids so much it's unbelievable.

0 comments: