Thursday, October 1, 2009

Busy-ness

We have been busy lately with putting in new countertops...FINALLY...can't stand the ugly purple anymore. Plus we replaced the cooktop with a new one. Just a few things that will hopefully sell this place once we figure out where to build our house. Property around here is hard to come by...I mean good property. We want to be within 10 minutes of the town of Sussex and need to be on a certain side so that the kids can attend the better of the two elementary schools and we want the lot to be treed with neighbours not too close by. We thought we had the perfect spot just down the road but it would be too expensive in the end with all the fill we would have to bring in. Boo cuz we really like Picadilly.

So the deck has been stained, counters changed and cooktop changed. We still need to paint the door as it had been painted to match the ugly countertops...we are gonna paint it dark brown. Ummm....the last few days have been tidying up too as there was a big mess after the countertops.

I tried the cabbage soup diet for about 4 hours and couldn't handle it. Good soup though. I have had some everyday since and plan on making more. It's tasty just not good to have all day everyday for 7 days.

My Mom will be here tomorrow at 11pm so that is very very exciting. I got Braeden saying "Nan" which she will love.

Anyway, that's all. I think his lunch is ready and I better serve it up before he has a meltdown!

Byeeee and see you soon Mom, have a great flight and remember to relax! :)

1 comments:

Bloggy Mama said...

Have a great visit, guys. "Nan" too cute ;)