Things have not been so lovely around here lately. The primary problem is the kids and their sleep or lack of sleep. Briella doesn't go to bed until 1030-11pm and wakes up an hour later wailing. This woke Braeden up one night and from then on Braeden wakes up at the same general times every single night....midnight, 2, 4 & 5. He comes into bed with me at 5 ish cuz he has to get up then for a diaper change and after the shitty sleep I have gotten I am in no way ready to get up that early so we snuggle for as long as he will stay. \
I/we/mostly me must be doing some thing very wrong since both kids have such a hard time sleeping. I don't know what to do about it!
Mark was so tired last week he actually missed a day of work. That is unheard of! My poor hard working husband and finally hit the bottom and spent the day doing as little as possible and napping. We were all glad to have him home. He had worked the entire weekend prior too, so we were all missing Daddy a lot.
So, with the severe lack of sleep and such people around here are short tempered and cranky and not able to handle to much...
Last night it rained SO MUCH. We were up at 530 with Braeden and I was all cranky and super miserable so I decided to put all the negative energy into cleaning and went to do laundry and then do the dishes. Well...the f-ing washing machine overflowed. So we stopped that, cried, argued, tried to figure out what the hell the problem was and then the kids were both super cranky so we fed them and we all layed in bed for awhile.
We got up, made breakfast and I was still super upset so was gonna head to church to get away and hopefully calm down enough to face the rest of the day wtih a cranky family...I go and get ready and Mark goes downstairs to grab something and comes back up and said "sorry but you can't go" and I asked why and he said the basement is FLOODED>
OMG it rained so much the water seeped in and the bedroom had 2 inches or water on the carpet and that whole side of the house was puddle-ish so he had the shop vac out trying to get rid of the water and I looked after the cranky kids. I called our ONLY friends who live down the street and Wally came over with a pump to try and help Mark and he brought a de-humidifier too. So they managed to get most of the major water out. Wally went home. Mark continued to vacuum the water up as best as he could. Then he turned the pellet stove on and is hoping the heat will dry the carpet quickly before any mold begins to grow. Our only concern is that the carpet was the cheap stuff with the rubber backing so we just hope it will get dried right through or we will have yet another f-ing problem to deal with in this f-ing house.
Hmm did I mention we hate this f-ing house? We do very much.
Fletcher’s Birth Story
13 years ago

3 comments:
So sorry that you are having a rough go, Carrie. I'll be thinking of you, praying for sleep and a little ease. Sending love <3
ok care, first of all, it is so totally normal for brae to be doing this, noah still does it a bit, not as often as before, maiya is is starting to do it , once in a while. so just to let you know i was worried that i was also doing something wrong, i never got any sleep and i am still a little sleep deprived, but you have to just go with the flow. I learned that as chilren get oler, brae for example, when they hit the 2yr old mark or close to it, they being to sleep in this pattern. its just their way of knowin they are safe and secure. he will stop. noah has began to stop. maiya is almost 2 so now shes starting....and i will continue to o the same as i did with noah. bring them to sleep with me so i can sleep, or until they can sleep in their own bed again. I give my babies calms for kids, its homeopathic, and helps restlessness and etc...your just going to have to go with the flow budz....it just their ages.
farrah
Hang in there Care. Things will get better. Thinking of you.
Post a Comment