Monday, November 9, 2009

I love weekends!






Braeden loves to eat the sticks...learned this from Rocco!







We enjoyed another fabulous long weekend. The weather was quite nice and we all enjoyed our time together.


We had a home day on Friday and played outside and inside and had yummy meals.


On Saturday we played outside with Braeden in the morning while Briella had a long nap and in the afternoon we had our babysitter watch the kids while we headed into Moncton ALONE to do the shopping.
Oooh how nice it was to spend time just the two of us! We went to Toys R Us and got Braeden a new puzzle and Aquadoodle.
We went into a few stores and I found a shirt. Yikes, I saw myself in a 3-way mirror....I am a true muffin top with a ring of fat all the way around. Ick. My cousin Leslie, is getting married in April and I do not want to go to her wedding looking like this so I have a lot of work to do somehow. Although that will be tricky with a bad knee and bad wrists....but I shall do my best!
After the mall we headed to East Side Mario's and enjoyed a yummy dinner together.
Then our last stop was Costco. We stocked up on a lot of things and came out of there with a bill of nearly 600 dollars! We even found 3 sweaters and books (3) for Braeden and Briella.
I had my customary icecream on the way out. Good thing I only get to Costco every month or so cuz I love that icecream...heehee.
Mark and I realized how lucky we are to live in the country. It was claustraphobic to be in the city with all those people and the traffic etc. Neither of us like that at all anymore. Me in particular. Maybe it is best we stay out here because in BC I don't think we could afford to achieve this lifestyle again. We are thinking about perhaps getting a second vehicle and then I can get out of the house and the kids and I could maybe meet some people and then it wouldn't be so lonely here. We shall see what happens.
Back to the recap..we got home and Brae saw us driving in and met us at the door. He looked upset and I went to pick him up and he started crying and then was walking funny. We went to change his diaper only to discover an extremely red bum! I asked the babysitter when she'd last changed him as he was crying hysterically and I was really upset! She said she was'nt sure! UGH I was so mad so Mark took her home. Now we have to find a new babysitter. Brae is fine now ... we let him walk around for a long time with no diaper on and slathered him up with the goo before bed.
Yesterday (Sunday) we had a yummy breakfast of pancakes and tidied up a bit and I went to church. When I got back we played around int he playroom. It was fun. Briella cried for 1 hour and 46 minutes in the crib before falling asleep. I decided it was time to let her cry it out as she has become extremely spoiled.
We switched everything around in the house....brought the queen bed into Braeden's room and his crib downstairs for Briella. Praise God they both slept well lastl night! I don't want to jinx it though so I shall say no more for now.
In the afternoon we packed the kids up and headed into town to the walking trail along the river. We went for a long, lovely walk together in the beautiful weather. Braeden is our little explorer and it was fun! We stopped by the river and sat on a big rock all together which Braeden thought was pretty neat. He kept waving bye-bye to the water cuz it was flowing fairly quickly.
Also, he was playing in the leaves and picking them up. I told him that leaves had fallen from the trees so my beautiful boy picked up some leaves and went over to the tree and tried to put them back onthe tree! It was the cutest thing ever.
Yep we had a very nice day together. We had a yummy roasted chicken dinner to top it all off.
I hope you all had a nice weekend too :)

0 comments: