All four of us have a cold. One that involves a headache and sore throat and crankiness! The kids are feeling rotten and Mark and I are both feeling the effects of sleepless nights and grumpy days (ya it's only been 2 days so far).
Thankfully they are both sleeping at the moment. I had a rough morning with them. And they fought me hard at nap time but they went down after awhile.
Yesterday was another difficult day and I made the mistake of trying to clean up the house despite their grumpy moods. Everything I had done in the morning (dishes, swept/mopped floors/vacuumed couches) was undone by lunchtime. The cleaning supplies had been hauled back out by them, the cord for the vacuum had been strung out down the hall, they took a laundry basket out of the bedroom, they took the swiffer and played with it in the kitchen for awhile. In a moment of despair I put on Mark's jacket and boots and went across the street to get the mail just to get away for a minute! I left the mail on the counter. More dishes accumulated, Braeden would not take his nap.
I gave up with the mess and we went downstairs until late afternoon when I came up to have a quick shower and left my sloppy, snotty kids out here to play. Briella wasn't even dressed...she was fighting when I tried to put her sleeper back on so I left it 1/4 on her body and let her go. *Sigh*
And what do you know, with a house in complete disaray, a frazzled Mom takin a quick shower break and the dog starts barking to signal that people were here.
Yep we had company. I was mortified at the state of my house but very happy to see....Mark's sis Ethel and Mark and our niece Toni!
They played with the kids and we chatted a little bit and Mark came home frm work and we chatted a bit more and then they left. It was a short but sweet visit.
After they left Mark said "Carrie I can't believe what a mess it is in here, what happened?) And I told him to be quiet as I was ashamed enough without him pointing out how bad it was! LOL.
Anyway, so that was yesterday. Please pray that we all start feeling better soon! Thanks:)
Fletcher’s Birth Story
12 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment