Monday, November 11, 2013

Long weekend

It was a long weekend this weekend because of Remembrance day which meant an extra day with my sweet Braeden at home with me/us.

Saturday we cleaned house in the morning (team work) and we had a play date with Tracy and Kaylie in the afternoon which was a lot of fun. The three of them worked on crafts pretty much the entire time. I made pumpkin loaf for them to try as well.

In the evening we went over to the Wain's house to help celebrate Guy Fawkes day... bonfire, Chinese lanterns, sparklers and fireworks alone with some really tasty desserts. It was a nice time with good friends.

On Sunday we helped celebrate a little girls 3rd birthday. Kids had a lot of fun and Jen made a yummy cake :)

Today was our bonus day with Braeden and we enjoyed every second of it.  I had asked him what he wanted to do today when I put him to bed last night and his response was some crafts because we haven't done too much lately.

So, that's what we did;. They colored a big butterfly and put sequins on it to make it extra pretty and then I had them paint a canvas and we put their handprints in the middle along with their finger prints along the border.

We also did a puzzle and played candyland. Then they helped me make pizza.  When Daddy got home from work we had dinner and they snuggled up with him and watched a movie.

Such a great weekend I am sad to see it come to an end. Such special times we have; we are blessed.

0 comments: