On Tuesday Mark started work in Saint John. He left at 6am and only got home at 6pm. It was a long day for him and a long day for us at home. I was left without a vehicle because the grandpa car is not working right now. I will be without a vehicle until he is done this job in a week or so. VERY annoying and I sadly was focused on that inconvenience and was therefore a bit grumpy yesterday.
However, I still had a nice clean house, a good meal made, and lots of special time with my girl between writing, drawing, painting, puzzles, games, dancing and reading books and snuggling. I really am enjoying my time with my special little Briella so much.
When Braeden got home they went outside to play for awhile and I was able to tidy up some more and relax for a few minutes.
I kind of like the routine we are in when it's just us. It is so much easier to create a routine and stick to it, even moreso when we don't have a vehicle to get us out of the house haha!
Today after Braeden got on the school bus Briella and I went for a walk as it was a decent morning out. We had a nice time and she enjoyed seeing the cows, chickens and kittens at the farm down the road.
We had a snack when we got home and read some books. We even did some exercises which she reallyl enjoys and it's so fun to watch her and to follow her as she shows me how to exercise properly :)
I made a vegetarian chili for dinner and Briella helped me by stirring and telling me that I was cutting up the vegetables correctly :)
Braeden got sick in the spring after having a dinner of chili and quinoa and consequently we have not had that meal since because he believes it was the chili and quinoa that was responsible for him throwing up. Well, I made him eat it tonight. He didn't enjoy it but I think if it wasn't called 'chili' he would have liked it. Briella ate it all up super fast. I was very impressed. She likes her own cooking - that's a good thing heehee
Braeden was having a few behavioral issues tonight and had to go sit in time out and he while he was there he was actin really bad with screaming and crying and I went in to talk to him when he wouldn't settle, only to discover he read a book at school about monsters and he was scared to be alone in his room. The poor little guy. I told him that Jesus is always there and if he asks Him into his heart he will know for sure that he is never alone and he is always loved. So Braeden prayed and asked Jesus to come into his heart. It was just a few words but it was precious and an important moment.
I wish I was better at explaining what all of that means for him. Good thing he goes sparks and cubbies where there are teachers to tell him.
Fletcher’s Birth Story
12 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment